A sign permit must be obtained from the South Interlake Planning District (SIPD) office for all signs, including those which are temporary, permanent, replacement, free-standing, fascia, projection, and illuminated. 
To confirm whether or not the intended development is permitted within the proposed zone, please Click Here to view the applicable Zoning By-Law, or contact the SIPD.

For projects located within the Rosser CentrePort area: Please contact the CentrePort Planner, by phone at 204-945-2150, or by email at, prior to contacting the SIPD. Please note that should your project require a Variance, our office will require a copy of the approved Variance prior to permit issuance.

Click Here to apply online through Cloudpermit. Click Here to find out more information about Cloudpermit.
Applications for Sign Permits for must include:
  • Completed application form (required for paper applications) (Click Here for PDF);
  • Detailed site plan (Example - Click Here for PDF);
  • Signage details to include:
    • Sign Design,
    • Illumination details,
    • Method of fastening/anchorage,
    • Type of sign (freestanding, band/fascia, pylon, etc.)
    • Length, width, depth and total area of sign
    • Lettering height
    • Clearance
    • Quantity of total signs per building/unit
  • Manitoba Licensed Professional Engineer drawings signed and sealed within 1 year of complete application are required for freestanding and pylon signs and any other sign that has/may have Structural or Load-Bearing implications;
  • Letter of authorization is required if you are applying on behalf of the landowner (Click Here for PDF);
  • Status of Title(s) for all land subject to the application (required for new freestanding signs). The Status of Title(s) cannot be more than 30 days old. The Status of Title(s) can by acquired from your lawyer, the Winnipeg Land Titles Office (Teranet Manitoba), or by purchasing them directly from the SIPD office (Click Here for PDF). Additionally, a letter from your lawyer may be required if the property is in the process of being transferred to your name;
  • Fees in accordance with the SIPD’s Fee Structure By-Law (Click here for PDF).

If the proposed development is located adjacent to a Provincial Road or Highway, an additional permit may be required from the Province (Manitoba Infrastructure) when applying for a permit from the SIPD.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted.