Land use planning balances the interests of individual property owners with the wider interests and objectives of the whole community. Good planning helps a community set goals about how it will grow and develop, and to work out ways of reaching those goals, while keeping important social, economic and environmental concerns in mind.
The Province of Manitoba gives planning districts the power to make statements of policy in a principal Development Plan with respect to a broad range of activities, including physical, social, environmental and economic objectives of the district. The Development Plan also includes plans and policy statements which guide sustainable land use and development throughout the district. The Development Plan must also set out measures for implementing the plan, and may include other matters as the Minister or the Board considers advisable.
The South Interlake Planning District’s Development Plan By-Law No. 3/10 (as amended) was adopted by the SIPD Board on July 26, 2011. Several text and map amendments to the Plan have been approved since 2011. The current SIPD Development Plan By-Law No. 3/10 (as amended) may be viewed by clicking on the following links.
Please note: the below excerpts from the SIPD Development Plan are provided for convenience only. To confirm land use designations for a particular property, please contact the SIPD office directly.
- 01 - SIPD Development Plan By-Law No. 3/10 (as amended)
- Map 01 - Regional Setting
- Map 02A - Aggregate Resources (RM of Rockwood - South)
- Map 02B - Aggregate Resources (RM of Rockwood - North)
- Map 02C - Aggregate Resources (RM of Rosser)
- Map 03 - R.M. of Rockwood (South)
- Map 04 - R.M. of Rockwood (North)
- Map 05 - R.M. of Rosser
- Map 06 - Town of Stonewall
- Map 07 - Town of Teulon
- Map 08 - Stony Mountain
- Map 09 - R.M. of Rockwood Rural Residential Area A
- Map 10 - Rosser
- Map 11 - Meadows
- Map 12 - Grosse Isle
- Map 13 - Argyle
- Map 14 - Balmoral
- Map 15 - Gunton
- Map 16 - Komarno
- Map 17 - Norris Lake
- Map 18A - R.M. of Rockwood Road Network (North)
- Map 18B - R.M. of Rockwood Road Network (South)