CentrePort Canada lands, located within the R.M. of Rosser, have been designated as the Inland Port Special Planning Area (IPSPA) under The Planning Act, which is legislation that guides sustainable land use and development in Manitoba. Land uses within the area are guided by the Inland Port Special Planning Areas Regulation (Development Plan and Zoning By-law).  

All development in CentrePort must comply with specified land use, development policies and requirements. Certain development in CentrePort will require rezoning and/or subdivision approval prior to permit issuance.

To confirm the development review and approval process for your project in CentrePort, prior to contacting the South Interlake Planning District, please contact Kari Schulz, CentrePort Planner, by phone at 204-945-2146 or by email at inlandportspa@gov.mb.ca. Additional information about development within the Inland Port Special Planning Area, including rezoning and subdivision applications, can be found on the provincial website: http://www.gov.mb.ca/mr/centreport/index.html

For more information on CentrePort Canada, please visit their website:



After confirming the development approval process with the CentrePort Planner, a Development Permit may be applied for through the South Interlake Planning District (SIPD) office. Development Permit applications for projects within CentrePort shall include all of the following materials:

  • PDF copy/scan of a completed Development Permit Application Form (Click Here for PDF);
  • PDF copy/scan of a detailed Letter of Intent stating the proposed use of the land, building or structure (Click Here for PDF) to include Tenant's legal name and trade name, as applicable;
  • PDF copy/scan of a detailed Site Plan or Floor Plan (Click Here for PDF);
  • PDF copy/scan of detailed Landscaping Plan;
  • PDF copy/scan of detailed Building Elevation Drawings;
  • PDF copy/scan of written confirmation from a qualified professional that all Industrial Uses comply with the applicable Performance Standards (Table 4 of the Inland Port Special Planning Area Zoning By-Law) (Click Here for PDF);
  • PDF copy/scan of a Letter of authorization is required if the applicant is applying on behalf of the landowner (Click Here for PDF);
  • PDF copy/scan of the Status of Title(s) for all land subject to the application. The Status of Title(s) cannot be more than 30 days old. The Status of Title(s) can by acquired through a your lawyer or from the Winnipeg Land Titles Office. Additionally, a letter from the lawyer may be required if the property is in the process of being transferred to the new landowner;
  • Development Permit Fee in accordance with the SIPD’s Fee Structure By-Law (Click Here for PDF).


  1. All Buildings, Additions and Lot Development located within the CentrePort area require a Lot Grade and Drainage Plan. Contact the R.M. of Rosser for Lot Drainage requirements. Lot Grade and Drainage approval must be obtained prior to Building Permit issuance;
  2. Issuance of development permits may require the applicant to meet the Sustainable Development Measures (Table 3 of the Inland Port Special Planning Area Zoning By-law). Contact the CentrePort Planner if you require additional information; and

  3. Depending on the size, scope and location of your project, Development Permit applications may require comment and approval from NAV Canada, the Winnipeg Airports Authority, Transport Canada, Manitoba Infrastructure, Manitoba Sustainable Development and other applicable agencies and Provincial departments, prior to permit issuance. To help avoid delays with your project, please ensure a complete Development Permit application and supporting materials (see above) are submitted to the SIPD as soon as possible.


Once a Development Permit has been issued by the South Interlake Planning District, the proponent may apply for a Building Permit. Please visit the following link for details regarding Building Permit application requirements and associated fees: http://www.sipd.ca/p/commercial-building-permits