INSPECTIONS & PENALTIES
The South Interlake Planning District (SIPD) is to be notified at each of the following stages of construction, as applicable:
- Excavation & Footing / Pilings Prior to Concrete;
- Foundation Wall Structural Reinforcing or Thickened Edge Slab Reinforcing;
- Preserved Woof Foundation Before & After Damp Proofing (Engineer’s Inspection also Required);
- Foundation Grade Beam Structural Steel;
- Damp Proofing, Drainage Tile & Stone (7 Days Cure Time for Concrete - Minimum Time Before Backfill Inspection);
- Building Structure Framing & Rough-Ins for Plumbing, Ventilation & Electrical
(Doors, Windows, Shingles & House Wrap in Place) *Shop Drawings Must Be On Site or Submitted Prior to Inspection*;
- Under Basement Floor Plumbing Rough-In, Tile Leaders & Sump Pit;
- Insulation & Air-Vapour Barrier (Main Floor);
- Soil Gas Barrier & Interior Drainage Stone;
- Foundation Frost Wall Framing, Insulation & Vapour Barrier;
- Pre-Final, Interior Operations, Finishes & Life Safety (Incl. Fire Stopping) Prior to Occupancy or Public Showing;
- Final - Exterior Weathertight Finished & Grading (Incl. Eavestroughs, Downspouts & Leaders in Place).
For a list of requirements to be fulfilled prior to Interim or Final Occupancy, please Click Here.
For the Letter of Certification format, please Click Here.
- A minimum of 48 Hours Notice is required when booking inspections (weekend not included);
- If the work is not ready for inspection or you need to cancel, please contact the SIPD office as soon as possible;
- It is the responsibility of the APPLICANT to arrange for all inspections;
- The SIPD assumes no responsibility for inspections that were not scheduled;
- Inspections may be performed at random as determined by the Building Inspector;
- This list is not all-inclusive. There may be additional inspections required at the discretion of the Building Inspector.
The following are subject to Penalty Fees in accordance with the SIPD’s Fee Structure By-Law (Click Here for PDF):
- Any Building, Structure or Land Use that is commenced prior to the appropriate permits being obtained;
- Where the work is not ready for the time of the scheduled inspection;
- Where project deficiencies result in repeated inspections by the inspector;
- Where the work has been covered and
the inspector is unable to perform the required inspection.
(this may also require invasive structural inspection at the applicant/contractor’s expense)