NEW RTM HOMES
Ready-To-Move homes (RTMs) are common throughout Manitoba. Unlike modular homes, which are normally delivered in multiple pieces, RTMs are typically delivered as single units and set down on a foundation.
To confirm whether or not the intended development is permitted within the proposed zone, please Click Here to view the applicable Zoning By-Law, or contact the SIPD.
Building Permit applications for new RTM Homes must include:
- Completed application form (Click Here for PDF);
- Detailed site plan (Click Here for PDF);
- One (1) easily-readable paper copy and one (1) legible PDF copy of plans provided by the RTM manufacturer, formatted to an 11” x 17” size or smaller, and which are signed and sealed by a Manitoba Licensed Professional Engineer (dated within one year of the complete application date). For plans formatted to a larger size, two (2) paper copies or one (1) paper copy and one (1) PDF copy are required. Plans are to be drawn to a minimum scale of 1:500 or 1”= 40’;
- Status of Title(s) for all land subject to the application. The Status of Title(s) cannot be more than 30 days old. Additionally, a letter from your lawyer may be required if the property is in the process of being transferred to your name;
- Letter of authorization (required if someone is applying on behalf of the landowner);
- Total construction value (i.e., final project costs including all material and labour);
- Sewer and water connection fees (processed by the municipality). Please contact Manitoba Sustainable Development regarding requirements for a proposed septic tank and/or well if municipal services are not available;
- Application Review Fee and/or Development Permit Fee. Additional Permit Fees and Construction Security Deposit are required (as applicable) in accordance with the SIPD’s Fee Structure By-Law prior to permit issuance (Click Here for PDF);
- It is the responsibility of the applicant / owner to satisfy or adhere to any Development Agreement requirements that may pertain to the property. Some requirements may need to be fulfilled prior to the SIPD’s issuance of permits.
NOTE: Once built, the SIPD requires a letter from the RTM Manufacturer confirming that the home was built as per Manitoba Building Code standards.
Electrical Permits are obtained through Manitoba Hydro.
If the proposed development is located adjacent to a Provincial Road or Highway, an additional permit may be required from the Province (Manitoba Infrastructure) when applying for a permit from the SIPD.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted.