A Demolition Permit is required prior to demolishing or removing any building with a floor area greater than 120 ft2 (107.64 ft2 in the R.M. of Rosser) from any property located within the South Interlake Planning District (SIPD). The elimination of a building from a property affects that property's assessment and taxes. The SIPD is responsible for notifying Manitoba Assessment of all building demolitions and removals associated with a Demolition Permit issued by the SIPD.
When demolishing or removing a building, it shall be the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the following:
- Site safety is maintained as per Part 8 of the National Building Code:
Safety Measures at Construction and Demolition Sites (Click Here for PDF);
- All applicable Utilities are disconnected and secured;
- The area is fenced and secured during demolition and clean-up (if applicable);
- After demolition/removal, the site must be cleaned up, i.e.:
- removal of old foundation;
- ground filled and leveled;
- site made safe to the satisfaction of the SIPD.
- Completed application form (Click Here for PDF);
- Site plan showing which buildings and/or structures on the property are being demolished/removed (If all buildings are being removed, a Site Plan is not required) (Click Here for PDF);
- Letter of authorization (required if someone is applying on behalf of the landowner);
- Permit Fee in accordance with the SIPD’s Fee Structure By-Law (Click Here for PDF).