A sign permit must be obtained from the South Interlake Planning District office for all signs, including those which are temporary, permanent, free-standing, fascia, projection, and illuminated.
To confirm whether or not the intended development is permitted within the proposed zone, please Click Here to view the applicable Zoning By-Law, or contact the SIPD.
Applications for Sign Permits for must include:
- Completed application form (Click Here for PDF);
- Detailed site plan (Click Here for PDF);
- Plan of sign (diagram and description of logo or advertisement with all dimensions);
- Engineer sealed drawings (will be required if sign is freestanding, awning, canopy, fascia, depending on size, and the seal is required to be current within 1 year of application);
- Letter of authorization (required if someone is applying on behalf of the landowner);
- Fees in accordance with the SIPD’s Fee Structure By-Law (Click here for PDF).
If the proposed development is located adjacent to a Provincial Road or Highway, an additional permit may be required from the Province (Manitoba Infrastructure) when applying for a permit from the SIPD.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted.