PREMANUFACTURED OFFICE TRAILERS
All premanufactured office trailers are required to conform to Manitoba Building Code and must meet Barrier Free requirements such as installing a wheelchair ramp, barrier free washroom, and automatic door opener.
To confirm whether or not the intended development is permitted within the proposed zone, please Click Here to view the applicable Zoning By-Law, or contact the SIPD.
Permit applications for office trailers shall include all of the following materials:
- Completed Permit Application Form (Click Here for PDF). See our Permit Application Guide (Click Here for PDF) for a description of the fields on the application and an overview of the information that is required;
- Detailed Letter of Intent stating the proposed use of the land, building or structure (Click Here for PDF) that includes the tenant's legal name and operating name and timeline for how long the trailer is intended to be on site;
- Detailed Site Plan (Click Here for PDF);
- Detailed Parking Plan;
- Detailed Floor Plan of the trailer and the foundation its going on;
- Letter of Authorization - is required if the applicant is not the landowner (Click Here for PDF);
- Status of Title(s) for all land subject to the application. The Status of Title(s) cannot be more than 30 days old. The Status of Title(s) can by acquired through a your lawyer, the Winnipeg Land Titles Office (Teranet Manitoba), or by purchasing them directly from the SIPD office. Additionally, a letter from the lawyer may be required if the property is in the process of being transferred to the new landowner;
- Permit Fees in accordance with the SIPD’s Fee Structure By-Law (Click Here for PDF);
- Be advised that temporary office trailers require annual renewal.
If your proposed project is located in CentrePort, in addition to requirements listed above, your application must also include the following:
- Detailed Landscaping Plan (please contact the CentrePort office to determine zoning and landscaping requirements);
- Lot Grade Permit through the R.M. of Rosser (see Note #1 below);
To learn more about applying for permits in the CentrePort area, and for contact information, please visit our CentrePort page by Clicking Here.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted.
All Buildings, Additions and Lot Development located within the CentrePort area require an approved Lot Grade and Drainage Plan, as well as Servicing Capacity approval. Please contact the R.M. of Rosser for Lot Drainage and Servicing requirements. Lot Grade and Drainage plan approval and Servicing Capacity approval must be obtained prior to Building Permit issuance;
- If the proposed development is located adjacent to a Provincial Road or Highway, an additional permit may be required from the Province (Manitoba Infrastructure) when applying for a permit from the SIPD.